Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Little Things Become Favorite Things

Oh yes, yesterday was a long day! It will take a bit to get back in the routine that I once had. Logan's first day back to pre-school (a new one) was yesterday. He had no issues being there. Of course we have taken him there several times throughout the month. He knew the place, recognized it and was happy to be there. He did not like getting up in the morning (just like his mom). We stayed in his room until he got his food then we left. He did wonderful. His teacher even called me around noon to let me know how his day was. This week they are studying bears. Tomorrow he gets to bring a stuffed teddy bear to school. Logan is the one with the cup with a straw due to his allergy to milk. He gets soy.

As we were leaving my little guy, I stopped and snapped this shot outside his school. Not the best because it was done with my phone but still yet. It has been my favorite shot this week. 



My Mr. Sexy came home last week and surprised me with a set of wind chimes! He even got me a card a day or two later (for no reason). I woke up this morning to a nice little post on my facebook from him, wishing me a great day. That my friends is what I love. It is the small things that matter the most!

I am a lover of butterflies so he knows exactly what to get me to make me smile :-)


Something else I am so proud of getting. Its silly but a $5 shirt on clearance! My Hero t-shirt collection is growing!
I got even more of a surprise when I go to the checkout stand and it rings up at $3!! Woo Hoo! Yes I did a happy dance most of the night. Mr. Sexy thinks I am crazy. That is okay though, he still loves me and shows me with the small things that become my favorite things. 



If you want to know where I am linking up today I can tell you :-)
First off I am over at Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things and I am also over at Little By Little for Little Things Thursday

20 comments:

  1. What a treasure your husband is and your 'little man' is a cutie ~ and yes I agree ~ it is the 'little things' that warm our hearts ~ Great photos for link Little Things ~ Happy Weekend to you ~

    musedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Weekend to you as well. Thank you for stopping in.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad your little guy had a great day of school. What a fun stage of learning. Love your shirt and chimes! Both are great, fun, surprises! Thank you for linking up with Little Things Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad school is going well so far. The shirt is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every clearance deal deserves a happy dance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa, I love that cute little t-shirt. What a deal! So glad the first day of school went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! With him being autistic I think I worry ten times more than I should.

      Delete
  6. I love the windchimes! And, the first day of pre-school went by without issues, so that's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy he enjoyed his day. I even loved the fact the teacher called me to let me know how he was.

      Delete
  7. First days of school ... harder on Mom! ;) Love the windchimes -- hang on to that man! Cute T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on keeping him around as long as he sees fit :-)

      Delete
  8. Nice t-shirt!

    And I like your wind chimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post has so much positivity! I love it! You brought a smile to my face this early Saturday morning. Thank you!
    Sending love from #WeekendBlogHop!

    http://momkatsnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in!! I am glad I could make you smile.

      Delete
  10. Very sweet post! I love the new shirt, and the price is amazing!!! You have a wonderful family and a very sweet guy it sounds like :)

    Thank you for linking up with the SHINE Blog Hop this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not spam the comment box!!