Monday, July 16, 2012

Barn Charm???

Okay this is not really a barn, it is an umm errr...I will call it a "sharn" a cross between a barn and a shed. As you see, it is being used as a wood shed but it was not always used as this. This "sharn" has served many purposes. You see..this "sharn" is on my parents property and has stood there as long as I can remember. The very first thing I can remember it being was chicken coop. There was a fence, hog wire, to keep the chickens in but over the years my daddy decided to build a different one on our actual barn. This building then became a barn for the cub tractor. Daddy stored the tractor in there. It also served as a burial ground for two baby squirrels. I can not remember how we came in contact with these babies but we fed them by an eye dropper but unfortunately they did not make it. I remember coming home from school and burying them in this "sharn." Now it protects wood. That is this little "sharns" story. 



THIS POST IS LINKED TO:

9 comments:

  1. Perfect little barn- it has served it's purpose over the years! I like that green color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting history...it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm stopping by from the Monday Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I stopped by your blog, read a little bit and I am now a follower of yours also.

      Delete
  4. I just learned a new word....nice story behind this "Sharn"

    ReplyDelete
  5. a sharn, huh? around these here parts we call it a woodshed....the kind you get a whoppin' behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little sharn with a story to tell!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not spam the comment box!!