Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bummed

My photography shoots have been slow these last couple of weeks. I was thinking it was due to the heat but now I am not so sure if it is that or just that I have poor quality work. 
Since things have been slow I decided to sign up at some photo stock places and try to sell some of my photography. I submitted three photos to CanStockPhoto and got my response today. I was denied due to not high enough quality, image noise, exposure problems and imprecise focus. But in the e-mail of denial it says don't be discouraged to apply again in one week. 
It is hard to not get discouraged. I realize I am new at this but really thought I had some good stuff. They could have thrown some type of compliment in there. Maybe I just suck. I will just keep going and finding other sites to try to sell my poor quality, unfocused and noisy photos to. 
"A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying"---James Burroughs


10 comments:

  1. Hummm...now how ya like that! That scares me, maybe I should do the same. I know I need work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photo here looks gorgeous. Oh well, it's good to get constructive critisism. I used to get LOTS from my friends and family on my blogging and I think my new blog is a whole lot better than the old one because of it :-)

    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I am okay with it. But my skin is not as thick as it should be with certain things.

      Delete
  3. That is such a nice photo! I was already wow-ing it before I read this post.
    Don't give up ok, just keep going.
    Visiting from the GFC blog hop and I've added myself to your followers, hope you can visit my blog and maybe follow back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daisy for the kind words and support. I am gonna keep on trucking. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. such an amazing shot
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hon, please don't get discouraged... YOU are very talented & this shot is beautiful! Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, & that was just someones opinion. I know how tough it can be though... I just decided, literally just decided to follow my dreams & start my own little photog business. Starting is difficult. Can I ask how long you've been at this, & where abouts do you live? I'm in Oregon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken pictures and had fun editing them for about four years now but just now decided to start up a career in it around April. Getting started is so hard because there are so many other photographers out there and I have ran across ones that look at everything as a competition. I live in Bella Vista Arkansas :-) and thanks for your kind words! Means a lot.

      Delete

Please do not spam the comment box!!