Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sweet Baby Logan

This is a photo I had taken a few months back to experiment with. He was in the bath tub. I had seen someone else take a picture and I asked her for advice on how she did it and created it. I followed her advice and came out with this. 

Not quit perfect, after-all it was my first try. So for this weeks Texture Tuesday over at Kim Klassen's Cafe, which you can check out HERE I just knew this picture would be perfect with a texture. 

I used Kim's texture Grey Day

and the image above, I used Photo Shope Elements 10 and used the Multiply with opacity set at 72% then I used a soft round airbrush at 40% opacity to go over the image of Logan himself and this is what I came out with

Still not perfect considering that little imperfection on the side of the head? I still like it though. Maybe no one will notice lol

Also linking with
Scattered Horizons

Live, Love, Travel

10 comments:

  1. I love the effect of the texture! Great processing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great start! Learning to cut people out takes practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! And takes patience, something I lack. This is when I first started using photoshop so I was even more impatient. I am thinking of finding the original and trying it again. At least I was not afraid to show a little mistake in my work. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I like the final edit with the texture. I love logan's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A person can use PhotoShop for years and never know it's full potential! I think you did very well. Those eyes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Your words of encouragement are appreciated more than you ever know.

      Delete
  5. How adorable! I just love experimenting with photo edits and textures! It's so much fun and quite addicting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The expression you were able to capture is so cute and I love what the texture adds to the photo. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with Tones on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bath time pictures, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not spam the comment box!!