Thursday, July 5, 2012

Springfield Weekend

I have not been as active on my blogging this week as I have been. I guess because I am recovering from a very very busy weekend in Springfield Missouri. It was my husbands mothers side of the families annual Fourth of July pick-nick. We attended the first year we were married but have been absent the past two years. Fortunately we made it again this time. It may have been hot but we enjoyed ourselves. It was not so bad under the tree in a shade. 

We never seen our kids it seems. They were off playing with water guns, taking a hay ride, driving the Mule or down at the river. Because of Logan being so young I stayed behind with him. We had a wonderful time.

The day before, we got to see our granddaughter in person for the first time. She is 3 weeks old! It was refreshing and made the whole trip worth it.


What is a trip to Springfield Missouri without a trip to Bass Pro Shop? Ugh not much. So of course we had to take the kids..LOL it was all for them!



After the family reunion I had a photo shoot! A guy my husband was good friends with back in his younger days. The shoot was with him and his family.




 Those are just two of my favorite shots from the shoot. 

On our way home we of course had to stop and take a few more snap shots. I do not have access to those at the moment because they are on my other laptop. I will be possibly sharing those with you as well in a later post! 
There was our busy weekend. Of course its been a busy week also. Resting up from the weekend, editing photos, fireworks show and I became ill on the holiday. Now I am better and back to the grind. 
Hope everyone had a happy and safe July 4th! Happy late Birthday America!!


Oh I am also linking up with Pixel Dust Photo Art for Photo Art Friday. This is the architectural edition, so here is my photo for that. Justin took the picture I edited it






Also Linking up with Light Photographs at Blissfully Domestic


24 comments:

  1. Great photos. It looked like a fun weekend.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping over from Pixel Dust Art because I loved your architectural photo. So glad I did! Your family Fourth looked like so much fun.I love the black and white image of the back of the family-great shot!Congratulations on your new grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of York weekend. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of your fun time, and congratulations on that adorable new baby! Loved your architectural photo and processing. Very nice perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like one big happy family to me ... beautiful pictures of your 4th family outing. New baby? Adorable! I love your architecture picture. I love standing at the bottom of tall buildings and taking pictures strait up. Great effect and editing.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  6. your granddaughter is beautiful and the submit for PDPA is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone was having a wonderful time.
    Loved the PAF Architectural piece. Great photo, wonderful use of the textures. I like the 1st version the best. Congrats to on that new little grandchild, she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic architectural shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi thanks for participating in the blog hop. I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and of course I shall return the favor. Look forward to your posts.

      Delete
  10. Hi! I'm a new follower from a blog hop. I would love it if you stopped by and followed me at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to your posts!

      Delete
  11. Thank you everyone! I love the comments and such great ones they are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, and fantastic shot of the little girl! I really like your architural photos as well!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lovely time. And how sweet is that babe! I just love that family picture of them all holding hands. Thanks for stopping by and linking up with photo a day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great architectural edits! I enjoyed all your family pics too. Thank you for linking up with Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't think I hit 'publish' properly for my comment. Anyway - these are two great architectural edits. Thank you for sharing them with Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, great post - your photos are superb. I found you via the Claire Justine linky party. I have linked in a post about the artist Chagall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how the light glistens in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The last two shots of the little girl are so magical. The light shining on her looks like a halo. Beautiful.

    (visiting via Blissdom Domestic Photo Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They were all fun photos, but my favorites are the baby in black and white, and the backsides of the group in black and white, walking hand in hand. Wonderful perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh so beautiful.. The baby is so adorable and so sweet! Glad you had the fun:)

    Visiting for Photo a Day- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/2012/07/marty-the-deer-and-our-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, such sweet photos and memories! Well captured!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not spam the comment box!!